|The Start of Escondido Soccer Club Recreational Season
During the month of August our much anticipated Escondido Soccer Club Recreation Season started. All of our volunteer coaches from different walks of life donated their time to help work with the children of Escondido Soccer Club. It was a pure joy to see, especially being involved throughout the whole program.
Jessica Escobedo our Director of Recreation and Steve Yorke our Director of Coaching instigated many new changes this year.
Our brand new “Fresh Start” Rec Program saw changes in nearly every aspect of the existing program.
· Better tryouts for Rec players led by Heat coaches
· New uniforms including a free soccer ball this year
· Re-designed draft night including new rules to establish fair teams
· Our cream of the crop volunteer coaches
· Emphasis on individual player development practice sessions
· Competitive Rec games where coaches of opposing teams work together for the good of all players
· Continued help and support from Heat coaches and personnel
· Happy players, parents, coaches with a very solid program
If you are a coach and need help with putting together your lesson plans, you can visit our coaching Website at Heatcoaching.com and/or you can seek help from one of our competitive Heat coaches.
As coaches it is important to promote individual player development. We would suggest that a player has a ball at their feet throughout the total practice session, even in warm-ups and stretching we can still use a ball. Since practice sessions are not very long, ball work should be at the center of our teaching.